Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Take it with a grain of salt

Being the wreck that I am, I have sort of shied away from the blogging industry.

While I love to complain, especially for humorous effect, I try hard not to be the "downer" that no one wants to hang around with. Even more so, I tend to be hyper-sensitive about other people's feelings, as well as my own. I have always been afraid to say the wrong thing, the wrong way, to the wrong person, at the wrong time... Imagine my horror at the idea making that one thought or opinion set in stone, on paper (or in this case, on screen) to the entire world's population.

In this crazy world we live in, the "wrong idea" can cost you everything. Your friends, your job, your life. Everything. Public image is everything, and I think we are all so concerned about our own that we are too quick to judge and jump. We live in the moment, and while that sounds good in theory (and on a fortune cookie) living in the moment can be just as harmful as it is good. It may make us hot-headed. Quick to forget the past. Blind us of our futures, and ultimately turn us into wrecks.

I'm not here to bash, slander, upset, or badmouth. I'm just here to vent. Laugh when I laugh, cry when I cry, bust most of all, forgive me when I'm angry and take what I write with a grain of salt. I'm only human after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment